The R. Steve Lowe Scholarship was established in 2020
Chaplain Steve has held a high level of commitment to education and training for the past 50 years for all who serve in correctional ministry. Steve has attended and been an instructor in correctional ministry courses including, the American Chaplains Training School (ACTS), the School of Correctional Ministries at Wheaton College, courses with Christian University GlobelNet and the team to relaunch the Correctional Ministry program at the Institute for Prison Ministries.
Tuition for one of the IPM Online Certificate programs (Correctional Chaplaincy, Reentry Leadership, or Correctional Ministries).
Scholars are responsible for their books.
This is a two-year scholarship.
IPM (Tuition Costs)
Two scholars selected each year
• Must be a Christian
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be involved in correctional ministry
Application: (must be submitted by March 20, 2020)
• Personal information
• Christian testimony
• Pastoral Reference
• Education/employment history
• Criminal history (if applicable, and this is not a disqualifier, but must be a free citizen for the past year)
R. Steve Lowe, Karen Swanson, and one other IPM Advisory Council member
• Evaluate applications – preference given to those who were formerly incarcerated
• Phone interview